Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Juan Valdez Lives!


I came upon this article today about the re-emergence of the "Juan Valdez" brand through Starbucks like coffee shops.

I used to walk by the Times Square location often - that may or may not have been the one that closed...and I've been to the one in the Newark airport a couple of times for the coffee.

They sell typical Colombian pastries (sweet and savory), but they probably need to do a better job of educating their customer on what each pastry actually is - from what I can remember they are all fried and look pretty much the same.

They are also all over Bogota, which is nice because there are ZERO Starbucks here- though I have yet to go to one here, they are ways pretty busy when I pass by. I hope they continue to do well.

1 comment:

  1. Their coffee was super strong in my opinion. And you're right, i recall looking at those pastries thinking (incorrectly of course) wow, fried pastries...

    ReplyDelete