Friday, July 2, 2010

Really, really cheap movies


Illegally copied movies are all the rage in Colombia. They are sold in various markets around the city for like $1.00 each. You can even find first run movies, like those that are in the theater at the same time! And these aren't "guy filming while in the theater" type movies, no, these are DVDs that have all of the functions of regular DVDs, scene selection, special features, language options...

I didn't buy the movies above, because that would be illegal...but I did watch them ALL IN SPANISH!

Backup Plan, The Hurt Locker, Law Abiding Citizen, Book of Eli, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me think of my trip to NYC when you were a Freshman at NYU. Lots of cheap movies, if only the guy in the front would quit standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was thinking of that too. Things have gotten much more sophisticated since then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm very very impressed at how you picked up Spanish so quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es que, cuando esta en un pais or ciudad y nadie puede hablar ingles, es un poco como vida or muerte para aprender rapido, no?

    Ahora si solamente Oscar hablara conmigo en espanol, yo aprenderia mucho mas rapido!

    :)

    ReplyDelete