Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Something looks different


We don't have classes this week because of Semana Santa, but I'm kinda missin' the place (as I sit in my living room watching Tennis - nothing better than Nadal!)...

This picture of HTL was taken last week. If you compare it to the last picture I posted you will notice something strikingly different. There's a big black gate out front. I haven't asked anyone what the reason for the gate is (maybe I don't want to know the answer), but I'm assuming it's to keep renegade cars out of the somewhat small parking lot.

And in other news: Last week HTL had a reception for the all of the recent graduates, and I was actually honored with a certificate. It says:

"Los directores de High Technology in Learning por la autoridad conferida en ellos entregan esta Mencion Especial al esfuerzo, contancia y al buen desempeno logrado, durante su proceso aprendizaje a: Angela Mauro"

roughly translated it means: I've been working hard and have a good attitude!

Sadly though, I wasn't at the reception to collect the certificate myself. That's what happens when the receptionist at a language school only speaks Spanish. She probably told me I was getting an award, but I thought she was only inviting me to attend (I had heard it was a graduation ceremony), and I decided not to go- it had been a particularly busy day. So I found out about it the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment