Thursday, March 25, 2010

You never know what you might get..

Yesterday I finally got up the courage to visit the local carniceria to buy some chicken. I asked for Pechuga de Pollo and what I got was the largest chicken breast I had ever seen!!

I the breasts were on the bone with the skin on...so for the first time ever, I de-skinned and de-boned my first chicken breast. It started out as an experiment, but it actually turned out really good!!

I'll save you the pictures, but I do have some.

3 comments:

  1. the last time I tried doing this, half of the meat was left on the bone and I had chicken fat stuck in my nails :( I hope you had a better experience!!!

    What did you end up cooking with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah i definitely had chicken in my nails too.

    I don't have very many kitchen supplies, so i ended up cutting it up into cubes and frying it in oil. I served it with the usual: rice, platano and avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious and simple. What do you do with the avocados?

    ReplyDelete